Sunday, September 16, 2012

Communal Herbs

If you live around North Bondi then look out for my newly planted communal herb garden. Keep your eyes on the look out for green stickers showing when each is ready to be picked (which I'm guessing won't be for at least another month.) Being my first attempt at anything like this made me keep it simple, so at the moment you will only find basics - but more are on their way once I get a grip on it.

Mint, parsley & coriander
Chives, rocket, oregano & rosemary

 

I found these babies at Gardens R Us in Kingsford. Not knowing the first thing about soil, fertiliser, which herbs to grow where and just general gardening made me a little nervy, but the staff practically held my hand and led me through it. Awesome!

I can't take all the credit for this cute edible garden - Zoe helped with the shovelling of soil, worm catching (none were harmed and were released back into their home) and removal of herbs from containers. JJ was project manager helping with positioning of the herbs, Taj was there for moral support and of course John, my next door neighbour who set up the little area and got rid of all the weeds.

Thanks guys! Here's to happy healthy herb eating!

xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment